Join the call for the Pacific Islands Forum Leaders to support West Papua!
August 6, 2019
As Pacific leaders prepare to meet at the 50th regional Pacific Islands Forum (PIF) Leaders Meeting from 13th 16th August in Tuvalu there are growing calls for the longstanding issue of West Papuan self-determination to be brought to the forefront of the Forum. PRINT YOUR OWN POSTERS HERE.
We therefore join the West Papua solidarity group We Bleed Black and Red in calling on people all across the Pacific to help amplify the voices of West Papuans by raising as much awareness as possible and directly engaging your representatives on the issue of West Papua. There is only one key message for Pacific Islands Forum Leaders: West Papua’s fundamental right to self-determination must be brought back to the United Nations agenda.
Here are some ways you can Take Action for West Papua today:
- Do you know where your leaders stand? Ask them what is their position on West Papua’s self-determination.
- Ask your MPs, government ministers, church leaders and other figures to raise awreness about West Papua.
- Hold your government accountable for their position, or lack of one by having a conversation. Share your knowledge on the issue
- Take photos and videos of your support and share it online, print your own poster here
- Use the hashtags #PIF4WP #WP4PIF and #LetWestPapuaVote.
- Engage people around the issues by tagging people when you share campaign news
- Send us the pics via Facebook,Twitter and Email and we’ll make sure to publish your support.